Friday, November 22, 2013

Our Dis-functional Family

            I have really enjoyed the time we have all spent together as a "dis-functional family" in English. I think Professor Sanders referred to that, but maybe not. That's kinda what I think of and I love it. I love that the class is small and that we had to break up into groups. That really helped me get to know you guys. Also, as annoying as these blogs might be, they are so cool because you get to learn interesting things about each other. I also think it's cool Adam asked for help with finding a present for his girlfriend!

            I only wish we could have all gotten to know each other to hear more funny stories like Santino's. That was crazy. My personal story, I thought of this as you were presenting Andrew, involves China as well. Junior year prom I really wanted to have a yellow prom dress. Not an obnoxious color, a pretty pastel or something. So I was online shopping and found this one which I really liked. My mom and I ended up ordering it, and once we had placed the order the delivery date was something ridiculous like a month. Further research showed that we had ordered the dress from China. Meanwhile, I was being bombarded with spam emails.

            My dress finally came and I was so excited! When I went to try it on it was soooo tight. It was like I was wearing a corset. The zipper barely functioned and it was hard to get in and out of the dress. Finally on prom night I got all ready, blah blah blah, and it was so fun! I came home from the dance to change into more comfortable clothes but I could not get my dress off. I had to wake my parents up because I didn't know what to do. They worked on the zipper for about 10 minutes when my dad finally got fed up and grabbed a knife he uses to cut deer with when he shoots them (fillet?). He literally cut the dress off my body, it was crazy. So that is my prom dress from China story. Have a great break, it has been so fun getting to know all of you!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your opinions on our English class, it's definitely more fun and much easier to go to than all of my other classes. And that's so funny that your dad had to use a fillet to get your dress off! Have a great break and eat up. There aren't any prom dresses to fit into anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete